How My Hobbies Improve My English

Recently, I love to travel with my friends and sometimes I do with my boyfriend. I love traveling since 4 years ago, when I was working as customer service officer at Fitness First Plaza Semanggi. I am not really aware why I like to travel, In my opinion, I must visit some new places every 3 months. I think, my hobby, traveling can improve my English because I often find difficult situations, such as how to ask and give directions to strange people, or sometimes I ask to other people for looking the nearest home stay or hotel. According to my experience, I have ever met with tourist in Gili Trawangan, he comes from Australia then he asked about the ship ticket from Gili Trawangan to Bali Island and I responded in English that the ticket prize is Rp.250.000 (Two hundred and fifty thousand rupiah) for one person. Then he understood what I mean and say thank you so much. And we started to another short conversation.  At that time, I was so grateful because I was enough confident to speak in English. The latest experience is when I had an invitation from Mr. Maurice Tan, he is a member of Singapore International Foundation (SIF). I knew Mr. Maurice since 2012 in my first job in restaurant at Pantai Indah Kapuk. I had a job to handle and service him and his friends. He was happy, and then promise to invite me in traveling around Indonesia. I often chat with him in English because he is an inspiring man, he likes to share people especially for the children in need. That’s why he join with SIF to apply his hobby after he retired. In summer holiday, the first week of August 2016 he said that he had a social project in Lamongan, East Java. He asked me about my schedule, I was so lucky since I was waiting for my internship. The internship will be started at the end of August 2016. I accepted his invitation to join them.  Mr. Maurice, and 6 his friends decided to visit Bromo and Ijen Crater in East Java for 4 days. I was excited because I’ve never visited Bromo and Ijen Crater. Mostly Maurice’s friends are from Thailand, Scotland, and Singapore. So that, we speak in Englsih during traveling.

My second hobby is teaching. I began to teach in Elementary school in the first month of 2017. I taught in Regina Pacis Elementary School and Baptis Elim Elementary School as an English Teacher. Maam Viona, my lecturer in Bina Nusantara University offers a job to teach these schools for teaching grade 1 to grade 6. At the beginning, be honest I was nervous even I took teaching streaming in Bina Nusantara University but I didn’t experience in teaching students in school. I just ever taught grade 3 and grade 4 students in course at Maria Kesuma Karmel, Meruya. Almost every Monday to Friday I speak English to my students, even though I sometimes speak Indonesia to make clear the lesson. According to my experiences and my hobbies, I’m confident that I can improve my English trough Education, share the lesson, questions and answer some exercises or just speak about our daily activities. I also improve my English through my hobby, traveling for example how to resolve the difficult situation and how to communicate with the others. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Application of Propp's Theory in the Lion King I (1994) Movie by Irene Mecchi, Jonathan Roberts and Linda Woolverton

An Analysis of Postmodernism in the My Name is Khan Movie